Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Don't Take My Word... 4 month well-check

Today was Keelyn's 4 month well-check appointment. Heidi (our nurse) and Dr. El Dadah were pleasantly surprised with how well Keelyn was doing (me? I of course was the bragging Mom). :).






Ready for the stats? If you will take a stroll back in time, you will remember from her 2-month well-check appointment, she was:


  • 23" tall, 75th percentile
  • 12 lb. 8 oz, 90th percentile
  • 15.75" head circumference, 50th percentile




Today's stats are:

  • 25.25" tall, 90th percentile {that would be an increase in height of 2.25 inches}
  • 16 lb. 7 oz, 80-85th percentile {that would be a nearly 4 lb. weight gain! Again, the girl likes her food :O)~~this is also double her birth weight}
  • 16.5" head circumference, 75th percentile {that would be an increase of .75"}



After getting her shots, she was not all that happy. One could say that there was wailing coming from her oh-so-strong lungs. She didn't take long to calm down though, so that was good. See? You'd never know she had 3 shots today.










Peek-a-boo. I see you :)


I just wanna pinch & kiss those cheeks!!!!!

Hahahahaha... my Mommy is silly.



As of so far *knock on wood*, she has no fever or any other side effects from the shots. Whew! That's good news for this mama.




Other good news? Keelyn has graduated to baby food! Yes folks, that's right. She's going to get to start Stage 1 baby foods. Being the frugalista that I like to think I am, I have decided to make her baby food myself with this...




What a great purchase on my part, huh?



As for the rest of the day, we hunkered down and waited for Sean to get home. What a great day for me to have a sub, huh? For those of you who don't know (which, let's get real... all 12 people who read my blog are fully aware), we are in the midst of one nasty winter storm. While Keelyn napped, I shoveled the deck. 3 hours later I did it again. 2 hours later, Sean did it again... and again 45 minutes later. No more. We're kinda hoping for a snow day tomorrow, even though that will make our last day of school June 8th. EEEeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww...


Not sure about you, but the words blizzard and warning together do not sound fun... unless it's a sign for a DQ blizzard. Yummmm.....



Don't believe me on any of this? Don't want to take my word? You can listen to Keelyn tell it all.




1 comment:

Amy said...

that would be June 9th my friend! :-(