Now that's it's after Thanksgiving time, I have been getting the Christmas decorations out.
First, I put up the decorations outside (with a little help from Sean). Sean's not a big fan of getting up on the roof (I think it brings back horrible thoughts of roofing this summer), so we don't have any lights on the house, but we have 2 fake Christmas trees made of lights, candy canes, and of course, I lit up the flagpole. Yes, a Griswold-ish decor choice, but that's apparently how I roll right now. Nice.
As for the inside, the tree is up and decorated in its new home. Manland. Yeppers folks. Sean's precious Manland/Man Cave is becoming slowly but surely infested with *gasp* non-manland-ish items. First it was a pack-n-play, now it's a Christmas tree. Hmmm... I wonder what I'll put down there next.
Ahem. I digress.
We've also continued a tradition from my family by passing it onto Keelyn. You see, every year, my parents would get my brother and I a new ornament to put on the tree. There started as Peanuts bulbs, to 49ers Santa Claus', to pianos. This year, we were able to get Keelyn her very first of many ornaments. The perfect addition to our tree this year...

The tree is up, my new Willow Tree nativity is perched beautifully on our mantle and I am awaiting the arrival of Keelyn's first stocking (courtesy of pbk).
I don't have pics of the decorations... yet... but to hold you over until then, here are some pics of Keelyn getting in the holiday spirit.
Say it with me... Awwwwwwww...
Smooch~smooch~smooch!!!
1 comment:
My parents had the exact same tradition and we started the same thing for Molly AND we bought her the exact same ornamant!
Post a Comment