Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanks and Giving

'Tis the season for thanks and giving, right? Right!



Well... I am the tech specialist for my school and four times a year, people probably don't like me too much because I hound them to get their grades entered, comments typed, everything double-checked, and to do this all in a matter of a week or less.



Last week was that week.



In order to say thanks for doing such a great job, I'm giving them a treat. A Thanksgiving treat. See.....




Pilgrim Hat Cookies



I even made one for each of Keelyn's friends at daycare. Hope their parents are ready for a small sugar rush :)

Aren't they cute?!?! They were so super easy! Here's the recipe:

Pilgrim Hat Cookies
~ 1 pkg. Keelber fudge striped cookies
~ 1 bag Reese's peanut butter cups
~ 1 c. white frosting
~ 7 drops yellow food coloring
~ 1 or 2 containers orange Tic-Tacs

Place fudge striped cookies with striped side down. Unwrap the Reese's peanut butter cups. Mix frosting & food coloring together. Put the frosting in a sandwich baggie then cut one corner. Squeeze a circle around the hole in the cookie. Place peanut butter cup on top of frosting, with some hanging over. Place Tic-Tac in frosting for buckle and wahla! There you have it.

That's all from me, Becky Home-ecky (so says my baking guru sister-in-law Ann... seriously, check out her Caked Goods blog... pretty sure her lil' Becky comment was the pot calling the kettle black... ahem, I digress). I am off to bed as I do have to go to work tomorrow.

***Stay tuned!!! Pictures of Keelyn are PROMISED for your viewing pleasure tomorrow :)***

No comments: