Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's Here Again...

Seriously, Sunday night is here again?!?! It feels like it was just here... where on EARTH are the days and nights going???

Let's see... where shall I start tonight? Let's start with Friday.

Friday night Keelyn and I went out on a shopping date. We headed to Jordan Creek's Old Navy to use the WONDERFUL 30% Friends & Family coupon from my dearest cousin Jenna (thanks again!!) where I threw caution to the wind and bought myself some *gasp* NEW CLOTHES!!! Yes, that's right, I decided to spend some money on myself for a change. What did I get, you ask? Five long-sleeve shirts, one short sleeve shirt, and one sweater.

THAT'S NOT ALL, FOLKS! I also got Keelyn three outfits for Christmas, a few pairs of pants for right now, and an oh-so-cute pair of shoes for right now, too :). Again, not all. I got 6 more shirts for two other special girls who are near and dear to us :).

After that, we went next door to Bed, Bath & Beyond where I got Grandma Sally and Uncle Jason's Christmas presents. Check and check.

We then ventured to the mall itself. First stop... changing table and comfy couch for a yummy bottle o' Similac for Keelyn and Taco John's for me. Got a few more presents (one for me, one for Aunt Mandy) and we called it a night. Check and mroe check!**

**Side note: For any of you counting Christmas presents now, the only ones left for me to purchase gifts for are: Grandparents, Keelyn, great-grandparents, Keelyn, godparents (Keelyn's) and Keelyn. Can't forget my "other" kids... ya know, my students!

Saturday was my (woohoooo) last football game for this year, which meant that Sean and Keelyn had an all day Daddy/Daughter day. I left them as he was giving her her first bottle of the morning and got home in time to feed her her last bottle of the day. Apparently they had a great day including: new water jug from Fareway, visiting Shannon, Andrea & Austin in Ankeny, naps (notice the plural s on the word nap there and no I do not mean Keelyn had more than one...I mean they both had one), playing, cuddling, kisses, and smiles. Lots and lots of smiles. I believe there were also some tears (shed by Sean) when his beloved Hawkeyes lost. They may not be smellin' roses this year, but they may be smellin' oranges, party (fiesta) dip, or some sugar. We'll see...

Today? Well, today brought some Mommy/Daughter time while Sean went to take the windscreens down at the North High baseball field. What did we do? We did laundry, silly! Lots and lots of laundry. We also read some books, sang some songs, played, and went to Target. What's a week without a trip to Target?!?

And now? Now I'm getting ready to head to bed to enjoy another great week at work. Hope you all have a great week this week, too.

No comments: