Saturday, November 21, 2009

Empty...

Friday after I picked Keelyn up from Holly's, she helped me load up the van...




for her first overnight trip, and my first night away from her.


Where did she go? She went back to Grandpa Pam & Grandpa Larry's house. Being the overly prepared person I am, I brought everything (except the kitchen sink) for her to enjoy while she was there. After dropping her off, Sean and I headed to Grimes to hit the road with Matt and Cheri in their sweet new RV for a tailgating road trip to Iowa City to cheer on our beloved Hawkeyes.


We started the night by mixing up some tasty drinks and playing cards while the boys navigated the way. We ate at the oh-so-yummy Texas Roadhouse (cinnamon butter=stomach love) then headed to Riverside Casino where Cheri and I danced the night away... then emptied our wallets into the slot machines. Empty. Stupid slot machines.



While dancing, we saw a familiar lady. Last year when we went out for a Hawkeye game (after I had just found out I was pregnant), we saw a crazy lady in some crazy white shoes dancing like she didn't have a care in the world. We were VERY excited to see that she was there again... and still wearing her crazy white shoes.



Unfortunately, it's a little too hard to see her in this picture, but she's right up by the stage.



The band? They cracked me up! The drummer had thee most crazy moves I have ever seen, and as for the lead singer? He must be the crazy dancing lady's brother... because he had on some white patent leather shoes, too. Nice. Oh, and their name? Rick and the Allnighters. Too bad the stage was empty by midnight... liars.



Cheri and I taking a dancing break while the allnighters played a slow song. Blech!


When we realized our feet were sore and our wallets were empty, we walked back to the RV for some shut eye. This morning, we got up and drove to the softball parking lot and set up camp. It was sooo super yummy. My stomach was far from empty!!


We made the treck to the stadium with the boys, walked around for a bit, then meandered back to the RV where we listened to the game, ate, played some more cards, and took a power nap. The Hawks won, the boys returned, we chit-chatted, then packed up and headed home.


Which leads me to this post. The house is feeling a bit empty right now... because Keelyn is staying overnight one more night. But come tomorrow morning, it will be full again. Full of smiles, kisses, love, and giggles. It will be full because Keelyn will be home.


And now that I've got myself all sad missing her again, I leave you with a video I took of her Wednesday night.



1 comment:

Kendra ;) said...

Looks like SO much fun! I bet Keeyln had a great time too!