Sunday, July 3, 2011

It Came. I Saw. I'm Conquering

Well blog stalkers, I have hit a new level... or age, that is.

Yep.  I have officially said good-bye to my youth and am saying hello to adulthood.  I am 30!

Some people seem to have nervous breakdowns at hitting 30.  Me?  Not a chance!  I'm not saying that it isn't weird, because well, it is!  I mean, I was in my 20s for ten years and lots and lots of great things happened to me in those ten years.  College... college... more college... Coach... becoming a homeowner x2... my real teaching job... more college... and who could forget about lil' miss Lovebug :)

The days leading upto my birthday were quite enjoyable.  I filed for homestead credit on our home (read:  became an adult), and the best part... Holly kept Lovebug for a morning which allowed me some ME time.  What did I do, you ask?  If you stalk follow me on Facebook, you already know... I went shopping by myself!!  It was splendid.  I got to try clothes on without the constant tugging and nagging by a toddler. I treated myself to some new shirts, tank tops and (gasp) SHORTS.  Yes, folks... call it my midlife crisis.  I haven't worn shorts in public in at least 10 years!!!  But I did it.  I bought a pair of shorts (and I've worn them, too!!).

The day itself was perfect.  It started with Coach taking us all out for breakfast.  Then, I took two of my favorite students in the ENTIRE world {Leon & Emily... Leon and I are birthday buddies!} and Lovebug out for lunch, shopping, and some play time at our house.  Here are Leon & Emily.  They are practicing their pose...they will someday be Homecoming King and Queen at Ruby Van Meter :)

{are they not the cutest couple?!??!?!!}
 Of course, Lovebug was being her normal self at Applebee's... not sitting in the booth :).


The rest of the day was spent with more family quality time.  We hung out together and I played with my birthday/anniversary present.  Coach bought me an iPad 2!!  I have wanted one forEVER, and it is the most awesome thing ever!!  Of course, Lovebug and Coach get to use it, too.  I'm nice.  I share.  Sometimes ;)

So yeah.  There you have it.  I'm 30 now.  And I'm proud to say I think I'm conquering it quite nicely!

No comments: