Today started off like most days for me... a sprint (well, what I call a sprint) to the bathroom. TMI? Sorry if so, but that's the life of a 40 4/7 week preggers woman. Then I got myself all cleaned up and headed to my favorite place in the world... my OB/GYN!!
Dr. Munro's first words to me when he walked in the door "what are you still doing here pregnant?" Good question Barney. Good question.
He then went on to tell me that I had 2 options. Great! I am the most undecisive person in the world and he's going to give me 2 choices when it comes to my baby girl's delivery?!?!?! Where, oh where was my husband to help me on this??!??!?! Oh wait, that's right, he was sitting through class :(. Poor guy.
Back to the options.
Option #1: Go to the hospital Thursday night @ 8pm to start the inducing process, break water bag on Friday morning and get the ball rolling. With this option I had warnings... if I'm 0-3cm dilated, the chance of me having a c-section is 40%. If I'm past 3cm, the chance of a c-section goes to 15%.
Option #2: Go back to the doc on Friday for a non-stress test. If Momma and baby are ok, then check into the hospital on Sunday night @ 8pm to start inducing process, break water bag on Monday and wait for her to be born. With this option, I still had the % chances for c-section.
What's a soon-to-be, stressed out Momma to do??!?! Why, get your cervix checked while you ponder what is the better day for your first born to be born, of course!! And???? I'm 2cm dilated!! WOOHOOOOO!!!! Finally, some stinkin' progress! Walking around Adventureland with my family yesterday must have done something (besides make my Vienna sausage cankles even BIGGER!!!!)
The first thing I said was "my family came to town". Dr. Munro said, "I don't care about your family. I don't care about your husband. I only care about you and the baby, so it's what YOU want to do. But you can't hate me if you end up with a c-section".
SO my BIG news of the day??????? I chose Option #1. Yes, that's right... Sean and I will make our way to Mercy and check-in at 8pm on Thursday night. They will give me some tablets that will start softening my cervix and hopefully make the contractions start comin' my way. Friday morning we'll see how I'm progressing and what else they need to do to get me going.
I'm excited, but I think Sean is moreso than I am. HOWEVER, Daddy over here wants to know exactly when she's coming. He's having a very hard time handling the fact that she could come anywhere between now and Friday night.
So, there you have it blog stalkers. Sean and I will be the oh-so-proud parents of our beautiful baby girl on Friday, July 24th (if all goes well)... one month after Mommy's birthday :). Should be easy for Daddy to remember that, huh? HA!!!
I do have some pics to post of Adventureland and yours truly on my big trip to the doc day, but those will have to come tomorrow for your viewing pleasure.
1 comment:
Hey Heather! There is an end in sight, Congrats!! That's exactly what they did to me... and fyi.. the tablets are not the kind you swallow....just starts the cycle of unpleasant things to come, BUT it's all good and you and baby will meet on Friday!!
and p.s. c-sections, in my opinion, are wonderful, so don't worry if you end up having to go that route. Good Luck, you'll do great!!
Post a Comment