Saturday, May 30, 2009

Take me out to the ball game...

Thursday, Friday, and today were FULL of baseball games! MAN I love summer and baseball!!!!!
Thursday started with taking my students and the second graders at school to an Iowa Cubs game. My class had SO.MUCH.FUN!!! I think their favorite part was the music (they played the Spongebob SquarePants theme song... you'd think they'd all won $1 million dollars they were so happy!!). Here we are enjoying the game...



Standing by the gates before finding our spot to sit.

Enjoying the game. Holly (my associate) must have thought she wouldn't be in the picture. Ooops!!!


Lynamland by the big t-shirt :o)

Thursday evening was Sean's first game of the season. They played Ankeny... coached by one of my good friends and former colleagues from Stowe, Mr. Starr. It wasn't the prettiest of games for Sean's guys, but I will say this... they scored a run!!! This was the first time in 4-5 years that they scored a run in their first game. Truly... I was very impressed. Sean's guys never gave up and kept playing until the end. I know if they keep working hard they will end up having a nice season.



During the game, I had a chance to talk in person with J's wife, Missy, and see their oh so cute 3 kiddos. Missy and I have been blogging and Facebook friends for quite some time now, so it was very nice to actually TALK talk to her :o). She was very kind to show me how to use a peanut shell sling, ya know, since I have ZERO experience with that aspect yet! I think I'll be getting one when Keelyn comes around.


Here are the two coaches having a mid-game pow wow...


Friday night I went to watch the North Varsity team play against #3 ranked Ft. Dump Dodge. It wasn't a very pretty sight for the poor Polar Bears of North, but it was fun to watch the guys play... and talk with their parents. You see, that is the group that Sean first coached and they are one of those groups of kids that every coach wants. They try hard, work together, and never give up.



Today brought up the tail end of the opening weekend for baseball with Opening Day for the Miracle League, the baseball league for special needs children. 4 of my students and 2 other boys that I have worked with are on the team. It was SOOO fun!!! I truly feel that EVERY person should go to one of these games... it is THEE happiest place on earth! Check out their website from the Miracle League hyperlink. Click on the 2009 Season to find the schedule... if you couldn't tell, we are the Cardinals. Here are some pictures to capture today.



The beautiful new scupture.


Leon & Joey before Opening Ceremoies. Apparently Joey did not like the fact that I made them face the sun for this picture.


Part of the team watching the first pitch.


What's a baseball game in Des Moines without Cubbie Bear?

Leon was quite the catcher for the first inning.


Now it's time to do some much-needed laundry.



1 comment:

Missy... said...

You can never see too much baseball! Our husbands are lucky to have such supportive wives!

Thanks for the shout out....it was great to actually talk in person.