Friday, May 22, 2009

Funday Friday

Today was one of those days I will remember for the rest of my life. Today was the day that I took my students to Ames to participate and cheer each other on in the State Special Olympics games. What a fun day!!!

All of us got a bit choked up a few times. You see, they have the athletes walk up on the podium just like at the Olympics, and they play the Olympic song when they are doing it. A state trooper or a county sheriff (didn't pay that close of attention) put the ribbons & medals around the athletes' necks. How special!

I'm so proud of all of them for the accomplishments they have made this year. Here are a few pics from today. I hope you enjoy as much as we enjoyed being there.

Right before we left for the day. Emily went with her Mom & aunt... we met them there.


Kind of hard to see... but... Fabiola is the girl in yellow on the far left and Emily is the girl in yellow on the far right. Look at them go!!!!

Fabiola getting ready to throw the softball.
Fabiola on the podium. Seriously... can anything be cuter than this?!?!?!?
Our 2 state competitors. I'm soooo proud of both of them!!!!!
The crew on the way home. Can you tell I'm an enthusiastic teacher? Check out the windows. Yep... I wrote all over them just for the girls.

I think I already feel sorry for Keelyn. Just imagine... I do all this for my students, what will I do for my OWN flesh & blood?!?!?!?!??!?

1 comment:

Kendra ;) said...

LOVE the pics! The kids are so big!!! You are so cute! Who would have thought, Favi? Way to go girl! She was running for Dorrrrra!!!