Most of you know, but for some of you who may not, Sean is the head freshman coach for North High. I always feel bad for the guy the first few weeks. He's not used to working this late (to note... he gets home at 6:30pm), he's tired from the sun, and well... it's definitely work getting a group of 13 & 14-year-old boys to look like, listen to, and play like high school ball players. He was very happy tonight though... apparently the boys had their best practice to date (fyi: tonight was night 8 of practice for the year).
As for me... well, I am adjusting to his ball schedule. Not gonna lie, it's been nice for these past two weeks. I have had 5 IEP meetings in 7 days, and well, those bad boys don't write themselves. So I've gotten to stay late and work on those and not feel bad about not being home to get supper ready (or picked up from the lovely teenager at the drive-thru window :o). Today was a different story though.
Today, I went in for another check-up--week 31 style. I made the nurse calculate my weight gain up to this point. She probably thought I was crazy, but I wanted to know. When I heard the number, my first obsessions questions were "is that ok? I mean, is it too much? Am I on track?" The nurse kindly answered back "it's fine". I wonder if her "it's fine" is like my "it's fine" when sometimes, what I really mean to say is "no, absolutely freakin' NOT ok! Hello!!?!? Are you even with it?!?"
Ahem... back to the topic at hand. When lovely Dr. Johnson walked in, he said "quick appointment today... belly & heartbeat check, then you're out of here". Sure enough, that's all it was. A total of 4.27 minutes I was in the room with him. Belly check was good, her heartbeat sounds wonderful, and since she's kickin' like crazy, he said overall, things are good.
Good. That's a word I can live with.
When I got home... good was NOT the word I would use. One of our dogs decided to dig a hole in our beautiful landscaping project from two weekends ago. Darn dogs. But being the nice person I am, I left it for Sean to fix :o). And now? Now I'm doing a load of dishes, a load of laundry, and a load of paperwork (remember, someone's gotta write those IEPs).
That's all from Lynamland tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment