Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

errr... on a Wednesday.

So, the organization bug bit me hardcore over break. I mean, I feel like I'm overly obsessed with being organized (ROYGBIV closet anyone?), but there are times when, gasp!, it somewhat goes away.

Not right now though. I finally got back to my weekly menu and boy, oh boy, has it made a difference for me this week!

So, here's what we've dined on, and will continue to dine on this week.

Monday--fettucine alfredo with chicken (homemade, thankyouverymuch)
Tuesday--one pot salsa skillet
Wednesday--beef taco bake
Thursday--roast beef, cooked carrots, mashed potatoes & gravy
Friday--eat out!!! (suggestions?)
Saturday--mini meatloafs
Sunday--cheesy chicken stuffing bake

The favorite so far (though it's only been 3 days) was Tuesday's recipe. Since Coach loved it so much, I feel obliged to share, so here ya go!

One Pot Salsa Skillet

1 lb. hamburger
1 Kraft Deluxe Mac & Cheese dinner (not gonna lie... I went Hy-Vee brand all the way here)
1 c. salsa
2 c. water
2 c. frozen corn
1/2 c. shredded Mexican style cheese (I think I used more than 1/2 cup. Mama loves her cheese!)
1 green onion, chopped

Brown & drain meat. Add water, salsa, and macaroni noodles and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Add cheese sauce and corn and let heat thoroughly (2-3 minutes). Top with shredded cheese and onion.


To die for people! This made enough for the kiddo I work with and me to have one helping, Coach to have seconds, AND enough for Coach and I to both take some to work. Seriously tasty.

No comments: