Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday Recap

Today, Keelyn and I took my van up to Karl Chevy in Ankeny. Why, you ask? Well let me tell you. There had been this annoying knocking sound for the past few weeks, but I never thought much of it. That is, until Grandma Sally and Sean drove my van while I was in the hospital and both commented on it.

YIKES!!!!! I thought maybe it was something that had been there that I just hadn't noticed much of due to my loud music & loud singing. Nope. Now that I'm driving around precious cargo (don't get me wrong... she was precious when she was inside me, but she's much more precious now that she's out!) I thought I'd better get it looked at.

So off we went today. She, of course, was oogling and ahgled over by the workers (one dude thought she was 2 months. Umm, no, try not even 2 weeks!). We sat for 2 long hours (not for her... she took herself a nice little nap. Lucky.) and waited for someone to come tell me what the damage was.

Turns out the mom bomb needed a new strut & new strut mount. Luckily the strut was covered by my warranty... the mount, you ask? Not so much. Oh well... Momma's gotta have safe wheels now, right? Right.

They gave me a rental car and off we went to run some much-needed errands, then headed back home. I thought we both would be able to get in a nap. *Ahem* I was wrong. Keelyn decided she was going to stay up, so we read books, sang songs, and played with a few toys instead. Daddy came home at just the right time... for me to go back to get the van and not have to haul her with me.

The night ended with me making supper, doing the dishes, giving Keelyn a much needed bath, cleaning the kitchen, doing some laundry, and obviously, a little blogging.

The bad news? Silly Mommy forgot to take pictures of my beautiful baby girl today :(. I promise I will have PLENTY of pictures for you tomorrow!

No comments: