Today is a day of all feelings.
Let's start with Happy!
Keelyn is one month old today!!!!! At the age of one month, Keelyn now:
~enjoys her baths
~loves it when she spends time with her Daddy
~*so far* does not need a bottle when she wakes up in the middle of the night
~only waking up once in the middle of the night *knock on wood*
~smiles at her Mommy & Daddy
~does floor time like the best of 'em
~gets to have her Mommy home with her for another 2-4 weeks!
~is more loved than any other baby in the world!
Now, let's move on to Sad
Sean had to go back to work today. Yep, it's the first day of school for teachers in Des Moines Public Schools and he had to go. Keelyn and I are both missing him... a lot! The worst part is knowing that he's missing us more. We can't wait for 4pm when he comes home!
Last, the feelings of Nervous/Sad/Happy/Excited/Anxious
I would be the one with all of these feelings. You see, as I just mentioned, today is the first day of school for teachers in DMPS. But I am home. Spending much-loved & enjoyed time with Keelyn. However, this is the first time in 23 years that I have not gone to my first day of school. Some people would think I'm crazy for feeling nervous, sad, and anxious about this, but teaching is in my blood and it just feels, well, weird to not be with my colleagues. And it will be even more weird on Thursday when I am not there for my students' first day.
But, today is Keelyn's one month birthday, so she and I are going to spend time together and celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment