Saturday, August 15, 2009

Did you miss us? A big week recap!!

Well, we are all home and unpacked from our mini-vaycay to Minneapolis... obviously! It's 3 days later!!! Keelyn did amazing!!! She was a great traveler and an even better shopper! I was a bit nervous about how driving 4 hours with a 2 1/2 week old would be, and how shopping all day would be, but it was very apparent that I did not need to be nervous at all.


We all got some much needed school clothes, as well as a few extras *ahem* like a new Coach wristlet for Mommy and some new Oakley lenses for Daddy :) Really, these items were both needed. After all, Daddy's lenses has scratches on them and now that I carry around a diaper bag, I needed a wristlet that would hold a bit more. That's right... I needed a new wristlet. So much for the "once I have a baby I won't go to the COACH outlet anymore. Oops!



Monday, Keelyn helped me pack our bags and the van and we headed up to meet Grandma Sally & Grandpa Dale. Of course, before we left, Mommy had to have some fun with Keelyn :)

Keelyn trying on her new shades before we left.



Here are some pics from our time in Minneapolis...




Laying on the hotel bed with Grandma Sally & Grandpa Dale Monday night.




Sprawled out on Mommy & Daddy's bed after shopping the outlet mall on Tuesday.



Mommy put another bow in her hair. I'm trying folks...



Wide-eyed and ready for her first IKEA trip Tuesday night :o)







Chillin' with Daddy at the hotel after meeting Mommy & Daddy's friend Sarah at the MOA.





Thursday brought laundry, putting new things away, and getting back into the swing of things around here. Thursday night, Daddy gave KeeKee her bottle and read her a story before bed.






Friday was Keelyn's third week of life birthday, as well as her 2-week doctor check-up. Sean and I both took her so Sean could meet Dr. El-Dadah. When we arrived, there was a fire truck & ambulance in the parking lot. We both thought that didn't look good. Turns out one of our doctor's little patients (and by little I mean around 2-3 month old baby) was rushed to the emergency room (we met the paramedics, Mom & baby on the elevator). Poor thing...


Of course, this meant that Dr. El-Dadah was backed up. Our appointment was at 2:45pm... her name was finally called at 3:30pm. The nurse took us to our room, had me undress her, then came back 10-15 minutes later to weigh & measure her. The result? Keelyn now weighs 9 pounds (75th percentile & up 1 pound from birth), is 21 inches tall (55-65th percentile & up 1.25 inches from birth) and her head circumferance is 14.5 (75th percentile). We also found out that the newborn bloodwork came back from the second time and everything was normal, so no hypothyroidism for this girl! Needless to say, Mommy & Daddy have a weight lifted off their shoulders with this news.


The doc was very pleased with everything he saw and heard from her and told us to keep on doing what we're doing.


**Side note: I cannot believe it's been 3 weeks since Keelyn was born. Time is flying by faster than I ever imagined it would. I only have 3 weeks left to spend with her until I have to go back to work. And poor Sean... he only has one week left until he goes back to work.**



Today has been filled with laundry... lots of laundry. I don't mind, though, because I have the bestest helper in the world :)




And for good measure, a few more pictures of her showing off her Boppy pillow and her Panther Pride!!! (as well as the funny faces she's learning how to make)

No comments: