...and a whole lot of that. Wow... I have some catching up to do, don't I?
WARNING: A VERY, VERY LONG POST!!!
Let's start with Saturday. The baby shower was super fun and as I've said before, Keelyn is very blessed. Sean likes to call her spoiled, but I prefer blessed. Lots of toys, TONS of clothes, and plenty of love. Unfortunately, there are no pictures :o(. I know, I know... you're disappointed in me. Sorry. Just know it was a great morning.
While I was off having fun, Sean and several friends were starting the shingling process. The old shingles were ripped off by 9:30am and the tar paper started going on. Progress didn't move as quickly as all had hoped, but hey, that's life, right? Mom helped out by picking up ALL of the shingles in front of the house, and some of them in back (pretty much because they were smushing my plants!!!). As for me? I used a magnet and picked up nails. Super important job, right? I sure thought so :). By Saturday night, Sean was super sore, and I was super sunburned. Should have put on sunscreen. Oh well... it's better now :).
[Sorry... I can't get this picture to turn!!! Just tilt your head... that's it... now you can see it :)]
Sunday meant more shingling and more picking up nails. Unfortunately, Sean's muscles weren't moving all that well, so progress was a bit slower. Poor guy... he got all of it done except for a 3 foot by 4 foot (or so) section and he just couldn't muster up any more strength to finish. That meant more clean-up, and since it was just the two of us, it took a bit longer. I got clever and used one of our snow shovels to scoop piles of shingle shards in a pile which Sean would then pick up. Ahh... the power of teamwork. HA!
Monday morning, Sean slept in (hmm... wonder why?) and I heard this very loud, BANG!!! I looked at the 20 ft. dumpster in our driveway thinking someone was using it. Nope. Went to Keelyn's closet for fear that all of the goodies made her shelves fall. Nope. Sean got up and went to the garage... hmm... the door wouldn't open. Then I looked up and asked a very simple question, "Was the spring on the left always in 2 pieces?" Seriously, I was asking truthfully! Like I pay attention to that stuff! The answer? I'm sure you can guess. No. And they're not supposed to be. Soooo... a few phone calls and several hours later (I passed these hours by putting away EVERYTHING from the baby shower..woohoo), we found out that not only do we need new springs, but we need a new garage door :(. Dang... there goes our savings. Oh well... at least the new shingles will go nicely with the new garage door. Monday will be the big day for the door install. I'm sure I'll snap a few pics of that, too.
Monday night was a baseball game... and WOOHOOO!!! North won a game!!!! Sean was very animated during both games. I thought he was going to get kicked out, but alas, I was wrong. Here's a pic of the scoreboard to prove it :).
As for today? Baseball practice, thank you note writing, a bit of relaxing, finishing the final patch of shingling, AND I put together our stroller and installed the car seat & base in the van.
Whew!!! That's all for now. You're super glad, right? That's what I thought. G'night blogosphere :o).
No comments:
Post a Comment