
Friday night was full of us grilling here at home, and homemade strawberry margaritas. Needless to say, I did not partake in drinking those tasty drinks... I had a yummy glass of white grape juice. Jealous, right? I know. Back to the weekend. Mom, Kandis, Dad, and I went shopping in Ankeny that night with Keith & Sean stayed behind to watch their beloved Yankees. Let's just say the shoppers had a better night than the baseball fans.
Saturday, I made everyone breakfast... Overnight Caramel French Toast. It was AWESOME! The recipe will be at the end of the post in case you're interested. Then, I went out with my friends Cheri, Holly & Becky for lunch at Cheddar's and planned my baby shower! It was so good to hang out with those 3 ladies.
Saturday night, the crew went out to eat at Rube's Steakhouse in Waukee. 
Have you ever been there? It's GREAT!!! It's a grill-your-own steakhouse, with unlimited trips to the salad bar, potato bar, texas toast, and baked beans. The gals sat and talked while the guys grilled the food. That's the way it should be, right?!? HA! If you haven't gone there, I highly suggest you go. SUPER yummy!! Same as Friday night, the four of us went shopping...again...while the other two guys came back home to watch sports highlights, and of COURSE, to see who else was drafted into the NFL while we were eating.
This morning meant another yummy breakfast... bacon egg bake... followed by even MORE shopping!! After all the shopping, I came home, put things away, and took a much needed nap. This weekend wore me out! Now I am finishing the laundry and gearing up for another great weekend.
And now, the recipe for those of you who are interested.
Overnight Caramel French Toast
1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
2 T. light Karo syrup
Mix above ingredients over medium heat until thick. Pour into bottom of greased 9x13 pan. Place 6 slices of white bread on top of brown sugar mixture, then place another 6 slices on top of the first row of slices.
Combine the following:
6 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
Combine above ingredients and pour evenly over top of bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 40-45 minutes. When serving, flip over onto the plate so the caramel is on top. Tastes like a caramel roll and egg bake. MMmmmmm... yummy.
**I used normal white sandwich bread, but next time I am going to try using French bread instead... I'm also going to try putting some chopped pecans in the caramel sauce. I'll let you know how it turns out :o)**.
1 comment:
YUMMY! I shouldn't have read this in the morning when we have no food in the house! :)
Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment