It started with me waking up to a sore throat :o(. I was hoping it would get better, which it did... then my luck changed.
The good, you ask? I had my monthly doctor's appointment today. This visit was the extra special one where I got to drink the yummy fructose drink for the gestational diabetes test. I slammed the drink down in 2 minutes and was pleasantly surprised... it didn't taste as bad as everyone said it would. I rushed over to my appointment only to sit for almost 20 minutes for them to call my name. When they tested my blood, I found out that woohoooo! I passed!! Yeppers, no gestational diabetes for me! In fact, they were concerned because my blood sugars were so low. So... they gave me a Pepsi to drink. Can you believe that!?!?! A PEPSI!!! Do you have any idea how long it has been since I have drank a fully loaded, non-diet pop? YEARS!!! When I walked back to the waiting room to wait to see the doctor, I got a few weird looks from the other soon-to-be-moms, but all was well.

As for the doc? He didn't tell me much, except for these 3 new important rules:
Rule 1. If bleeding, go to the hospital.
Rule 2. If water breakage, go to the hospital.
Rule 3. If contractions are 5 minutes apart, go to the hospital.
Yes, apparently I am far enough along where the words "go to the hospital" are becoming much more real. He also told me that my fall of last week was pretty much no big deal. He told me that he's only seen one baby harmed while in the Mommy's tummy... and that was from a gunshot wound. So he said falls and slips are pretty much no biggie. Nice.
The luck diminishing part??? Yes, that came right after I got home. Recall what I just wrote above? Good... because I have now apparently hit the clumsy stage of the pregnancy. While handing the dog leashes to Sean and trying to close the baby gate, my knee gave out on me, I missed a step, and whoosh! Down I went... 4-5 stairs. Nice. This time around, Sean got to see me fall and well, he was a bit panicked. So... my knee hurts even worse than before, my back is back to hurting, but it woke Keelyn up because she hasn't.stopped.KICKING since it happened... and that was 3 1/2 hours ago.
This is a sign that I will be putting on all of my clothes, jackets, and by all staircases I may walk on.
Oy vey... what a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment