Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Great Day!

Today was the big day... Special Olympics! My kids did AWESOME!!! Two of them got first place ribbons so will be going to the state games in Ames next month... and one of them got 2 first place ribbons!! Both for the 50m dash and one for the softball throw. I am sooo impressed with how well they handled themselves today. Now, prepare yourselves for picture overload. Seriously, if I'm this excited about my students, what on earth am I going to be like when Keelyn joins us?!?!?

******************************************************************************************************
Special Bulletin: There was a bit of a scare today. While walking to our spot to sit, a student from a high school here in town was having a meltdown and I happened to be in the "wrong place at the wrong time" category. He pushed me pretty hard and I went flying backwards, tripping over some concrete steps and landing on my back in a pile of mulch. My co-workers and several parents were right there to make sure I was ok. I was definitely in a state of shock, but all is well. After 2 phone calls to my doctor's office, Keelyn is kicking away like normal and I am not in pain. Check that... I am in pain... I have a strawberry (a.k.a. concrete BURN) on the back of my left knee. Anyone who has ever had one of these will know exactly what kind of pain I'm talking about. Unfortunately it's right where my knee bends, therefore I can't put anything on it. The thing I was most mad about? I had mulch all over my back and in my hair! I know... I'm an odd-ball. BUT... both Mommy and Keelyn are JUST FINE!!!!


Now... onto the pictures...

Excited and ready to go...
"Mrs. L, where is the bus????????????????????"
Ah-ha! Here it is!!!!!!! Gearing up for a first place throw....
Look at that face! She knows she won :o) Check out that form! I am one great head coach.... HA!
Look at her smile. Disneyland is NOT the happiest place on earth... Special Olympics games are :) Again... the form... I amaze myself :o) HA!!
Get ready for a great throw...
What a great lookin' team. Go Eagles!! Run, run, as fast as you can... SUPER hard to see... but the girl in yellow shirt in the middle?? Ahead of everyone else? Oh yeah baby...FIRST PLACE!!!! The look of determination. And the look of pure joy.
OK, that's all the pictures. Aren't they precious?!?!??! The best athletes in the WORLD! I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.




2 comments:

Kendra ;) said...

Everyone is getting SO big! And Leon is long and lean! I am glad to see that I am not the only clumsy pregnant lady! AND glad that both of you are AOK!
;)

Missy... said...

Awww, looks like a great day (minus the fall -- glad you & Keelyn are okay!)!