Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lil' Ticker Update

Today was our Level 2 ultrasound at the Perinatal Clinic of Iowa. If you remember last week I posted that during our normal ultrasound they saw that Keelyn had an irregular heartbeat so Dr. Johnson wanted a second opinion.


During the appointment, the ultrasound tech did a very thorough job of measuring our little girl, and in the process beat the crap out of me! Boy did she push hard on my belly!! Oh well, I know I have more of that to look forward to in a few months, huh?
I am 24 weeks 4 days along as of today, and Keelyn is measuring 24 weeks 5 days, so all is well there. They did an approximate weight and she is about 1 pound 9 ounces. My how she's growing!! Today's tech also agreed that we've got a girl growin' here... good thing since we're done with the nursery, huh?!??!!?!


I guess you want to know the big heart news though, huh? The tech AND the doctor found no sign of any irregularity in her heartbeat!! Woohoooo!!! Sean was extremely relieved, as was I. So all is well with lil' Miss Lynam. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers... they truly made a difference.

What would a post be without some funky ultrasound pics!

Her beautiful profile...
Her face (look carefully... the big black blob at the left is her skull, then 2 black holes are her eyes, and you can kind of make out her jaw)
The arrow is pointing to her lips & nose area. She has her arms up hiding her cheeks from us :)

2 comments:

Missy... said...

Woo-hoo! Fantastic news! God is good!

Kendra ;) said...

Hooray Keelan! PS she has your eyes! ;)