Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lynamland--School Version--Goes to the Olympics

Special Olympics, that is.

Yes, it's hard to believe that that time of year rolled around.  The West Central Special Olympics were held at Simpson College on Tuesday {ya know, Coach's birthday}, so while all my colleagues were hunkered down teaching inside {bahahahaahaaaa!!!}, I was outside enjoying the perfect weather.  Sweet revenge, my friends.  Sweet revenge.

It was a glorious, magical day.  There's something about kids who spontaneously cheer each other on... when they have no idea who the people they're clapping for are.  The smiles, the joy!  Seriously...I cry each and every time I go.

This year, I only had one athlete make it to state, Jewel.  She has made it to state for the last three years in a row!  Coach better watch out... I may be taking over :)


{check out that form!!!}
Even though only one of my six made it, we'll all be venturing up to Ames to cheer her on next month!

In the meantime, catch a few more glimpses of the world's best {and caaauuutest} Olympians, in my opinion.

{Here we go to Special O's!}


{again.  The form!}


{Leon.  Focused.  Determined.  In his own lane!!}

{Line?  What line??!?}


{Check out those ribbons!!!}


1 comment:

Chef Stinson Family said...

The last pic is the best! F's face and E's hand in her pocket. Precious! :)