We all made a quick trip to Menards last night for a new furnance filter. It was exciting. Lovebug chose to act
horribly different for me than she does for her beloved, favorite person of all time Daddy, but that's to be expected, I guess. I think we're starting to get one of those classic, 1950's "wait 'til your father gets home" things going on, which personally, I hate. As the person in charge at school, my students all know my look and they don't want to cross it. At home, I give Lovebug the look and she cracks up. Nice. But I digress...
On our drive home, Coach whips out his iPod and turns on Lovebug's favorite song... Back in Black. You should have seen these two!! They both start nodding their head, clapping and tapping their hands to the beat. Then Coach says, "I'm so glad I have a daughter. I didn't think it would be this much fun." :) I could've said "I told you so", but I didn't. Well, at least I don't think I did.
You see, Coach and Lovebug have all of this special things together. It's so cute to see them loving each other more and more every day. I will not post all of these special things, because I want to keep them just what they are... special between a Daddy and his daughter.
I will, however, post a family special thing. It happens every morning at the east mixmaster on southbound I-35. Picture it... Lovebug & Coach in their truck in the left-hand lane, and me in my van in the rght-hand lane. We're neck and neck... sometimes for 1/4 mile, sometimes for 1/2 mile, and sometimes, if traffic is just right, we do it for a mile or more! I start waving
fanatically lovingly over at Lovebug, who is always prompted by Daddy to "wave to Mama." Some mornings she waves more than others. I'm sure other people on the road have to see me and think
that woman should not be driving, but I look at it as my favorite time of the day. I gaze across at two of my favorite people in the world and think about how lucky I am. Of course, this is always followed by a low point in my day... when I watch them continue to drive off, together, while I get off on my exit :(. However, I always get a little grin thinking that maybe, just maybe, Coach turns Back in Black on again and they get to have the rest of their special Daddy-Daughter on our way to daycare time.
No comments:
Post a Comment