And no, I do not mean the holiday season.
I mean...
the flu season :(.
Precursor to the following: Lovebug had a horrendous night of sleep on Tuesday night and ended up sleeping in my arms from 11pm-4:30am... of which I got 2 hours of sleep.
Yes, the flu bug has hit Lynamland. Wednesday morning I got a call that most parents don't want to get. It went like this...
Me: "Hello?"
Holly: "She just puked."
Me: "Crap. Are you serious? I knew she didn't look good."
There are a multitude of bad things that go along with this...
1. I had just dropped her off 40 minutes before.
2. I was in the middle of a tutor session.
3. I didn't have good sub things laid out, so I had to do that quickly.
4. I had to call Daddy to give him the bad news.
5. I knew there was more barfing in store.
I got my stuff done at school then raced to Holly's. I got her all ready and Holly being the smart person that she is, sent a towel for me to put over Lovebug in case she barfed. Which she did. As soon as I put her in her carseat. Oh... and she missed the towel. On the drive home there were 2 more episodes of barfing. I felt so bad for my little Lovebug :(.
Into the house we went to get cleaned up. The rest of the day consisted of Lovebug taking 2 naps, me disinfecting the place, then re-organizing our closet (a project I've wanted to do for.ev.er). After Lovebug woke up, Coach got home and we spent some family time together.
After supper, Lovebug and I both went to bed at 7 while Coach headed down to work to lay things out for his substitute today. Fast forward to this morning when Lovebug was crying at 4:55am. I go in to check on her and saw one of my worst nightmares. Barf. Dried barf. On the sheets. On her pajamas. On her favorite stuffed animals. Into the washing machine everything went and into the rocking chair Lovebug and I went. She would sleep, I'd try to put her down, she'd wake up. We went through this vicious cycle 3 or 4 times until I finally put her in her crib and she didn't whimper. That is, until I went into the bathroom to get ready for my day.
Enter Daddy in shining armor. He rocked her and got her to sleep on the couch. Lucky. He had the magic touch. There she slept from 6:45 until 9:45 today. She had a little snack, some water, then back to sleep she went. Woke up at 11:30 for lunch, ate, then back to sleep she went. Again. Unfortunately Lovebug loved spending so much time with her Daddy, that she wanted him to hold her. All.day.long. I'm telling you...the girl loves that guy (me, too).
Tonight was spent playing, whining, crying, bathing, temperature taking (100.4), and now we're back to sleeping. This time it's Lovebug and Coach who are sleeping. Here's hoping we have no more barfing in the middle of the night tonight... or tomorrow for that matter.
Ahhh, 'tis the season. For tinsel, towels... and barf bags :)
No comments:
Post a Comment