Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lynamland Heads to Kinnick!

Yesterday was a very exciting day for all of us.  I'm not sure who was more excited though... Lovebug or Coach.  You see, Coach got to take his girls to Kinnick Stadium to watch our beloved Hawkeyes.  Though this was not Lovebug's first game {when she was just 7 weeks, Coach Ferentz touched her feet at Jack Trice, a memory that is gone, but nor forgotten}, but this was her first game at historic Kinnick Stadium.  Boy, oh boy, was it a super fun day!!!

After one long trek up the hill and past the many port-a-potties...


{I agree Lovebug.  Those things are disgusting}
...we were tailgating with some great friends.  Lovebug learned the fine art of kick the can {yep, we teach the good stuff here :)}




Then, it was time for the game!!! 

{we are one happy Hawkeye family}
Enter the part where I said earlier I'm not sure who had more fun.  Coach was one proud Daddy, that's for sure.  And Lovebug?  Well, she was elated with the fact that she saw Herky... from a long, long distance.  Poor kid... costumed people still scare her :(.  She yelled "A" every time it was our turn, cheered and yelled "touchdown" when we scored 'em, and high-fived some people sitting near us.  Oh, speaking of the people near us... one girl let Lovebug eat some of her popcorn, while another played peek-a-boo, while a third neighbor helped point out Herky every few seconds. 


{l-o-v-e}




{based off this picture... I'd say Coach is the happiest}

We all made it until the start of the fourth quarter {about 2 quarters longer than I thought we'd make it}, and made our way back down to Daddy's truck.  On the way, Lovebug eyed a big Hawkeye truck! Of course, Daddy had to show it to her :)





One more landmark stop left for us...


Ahhh... this was one great day, and one of those memories that will live with Mommy and Daddy for a long, long time. 

No comments: