Thursday, January 15, 2009

Starting to think nursery

OK, so we all know about the great deal Sean and I got on the glider/rocker for our nursery, which only makes me think now about what crib, dresser, and shelves I want to have. Our nusery is EXTREMELY small... I mean, we are seriously talking small here. Due to space reasons, I know we will have to have a dresser that is also a changing table, and I would really like to have a crib that has a drawer on the bottom to hold extra blankets & crib sheets.

This is where YOU come in... Mommy's... fill us in on what you currently have, where you got it, and how much you love it. Ask your fellow Mommy friends. We look forward to reading the comments on this one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Our room is also small. We have a crib and a dresser/changing table combo. Storage/space was also a big concern for us. We have a pantry/cupboard thing in the closet to help with storage of sheets, towels, sleepers, etc... That helps a lot. Our crib doesn't have a drawer under it. But we did find a neat bookcase at Target. I think there is a picture of it on one of my postings. Hope this helps.

Missy... said...

So many big (err...small) decisions!

We have a crib with a drawer underneath and a changing table with baskets that we use for diapers, onesies, socks, jammies, and misc. clothing items. All "outfits" are hung in the closet since we don't have room for a dresser.

Can't say I "love" our current organizational system, but it'll have to work for now.

Babies may be small, but they sure do have a lot of things. Most importantly, obviously, is the love...and the good news is that there is always room for that. Enjoy this time! :-)

Kendra ;) said...

I have a dresser changing table combo...I love the functionality of it...and the topper will come off when he is ready for just a dresser. I do not like the brand we got though...the quality is not the best. The crib is a normal crib and I bought bins at IKEA to slide under it to hold things...My fav for small space is the closet organizer we got from Babies R US.
But Missy is right...even in a small house there is room for lots of LOVE! :)

Anonymous said...

I completely forgot. If you check out www.onestepahead.com, there are a lot of different type of closet/drawer organizers. This may help to give you an idea of what you can do. Hope it helps!

CarsonFamily said...

We got our crib, with the drawer underneath, off of craigslist... scott searched for awhile, and we looked at a couple, but found ours for CHEAP! and it is soo nice, from a grandma who barely used it in Altoona.... just a suggestion... worth a shot at looking around since you've got some time!